Surgery--Again

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 02:18 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Joe Nation thinks we are both in NYC on the 20th May...is it so?

Daytime, yes - fly out around 6pm. Lunch 'd be good.

I'm a bit gooderer 'n I wuz!

Glad to note I am not the only one that uses "gooder" properly.
margo

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 02:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Very Happy Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 03:02 pm
@margo,
We are midtown...where are you?

Are you going to be on international roaming?
margo

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 03:57 am
@dlowan,
Have to leave hotel ?10am - so I'll be out on my ear, somewhere. Last hotel is somewhere mid town.

International roaming - hell no! Will probably have US SIM card, mebbe. I'll text you the number before you leave.
dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 03:52 pm
@margo,
Ok. Good

What time do you need to leave for airport?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 04:44 pm
<Ms. Busybody still listening avidly.>
Sturgis

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:42 pm
@ossobuco,
It does kept us awareds of their travel plans. Seems to me, they can meet at the airport (that is if they use the same airport, otherwise they may have to wave at each other...with one in the plane and the other on the ground)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:06 pm
I got the results of the PET scan. Mucous--and something else that is too small to deal with or worry about for now. I'll be scanned again in maybe six months or a year.

I'll deal with the teeth stuff. Soon. I gotta get myself together.
Ragman

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:17 pm
@Roberta,
Sounds like that is good news. No operations are being scheduled so that is good, right?

Repeated PET scans are a concern for us (afflicted ones) all however, when they need being done, the trade-off is a lesser-of-the-evils scenario.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:35 pm
@Roberta,
Good then, re the pet scan (well, we want it to be, and it seems like it is good).

Teeth! Caramba in the dental office, but also good that it'll be happening.

I see I didn't use caps for pet scan. I use them less and less now, sometimes annoying even myself.
Ragman

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Don't worry ... unless it's a pet peeve.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:02 pm
@Ragman,
What would Holly and Heaven think?
Ragman

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 02:27 pm
@ossobuco,
they'd be dog-goned!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 07:11 am
@Roberta,
The PET scan result does sound like good news, Roberta. I hope it relieves you of some worry about what was doing/brewing there.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 04:26 pm
Back from Bellevue. I was remammogramed and sonogramed (sp?). Now I gotta have a biopsy. There's something there.

Fed up.

Mucho.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 04:35 pm
@Roberta,
I think the something is some disparate thing you got caught in throat somehow and went the wrong way.
This is an observation of a non expert.
I suppose they aren't stupid there, so I'll worry with you.
I hope it turns out to be a piece of pickle.
dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 05:53 pm
@ossobuco,
It's in her breast if it was discovered in a mammogram Ossobucco. I assume the sonogram was also on the breast....either as a further examination of what in hell they found or as a another part of breast screening.

Bugger Boida. When is the biopsy? You are so not allowed to be sick right now!!!!!!!

Good thing is you are sensible enough to get yourself checked so regularly the smeggers, if it's not just a cyst or lipoma, must be pretty damn small.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 07:08 pm
@dlowan,
Nods to your correction, unhappily.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 07:56 pm
@Roberta,
Boidy, did they mention calcium deposits? About 12 years ago my biopsy showed a cluster of calcium deposits and I was scheduled for surgery. That was my 8th surgery, they removed the tissue that contained the deposits and none of it was cancer. They did call it precancerous, but at my next mammogram, the nurse mentioned more calcifications but when I asked about another biopsy, she seemed surprised. I demanded to see the radioligist but his explanation was so lacking in believability, I got another mammogram. The new radiologist provided a much better explanation, so I've been sticking with her.

So, try not to obsess, it's probably nothing, but I know it scared the living crap out of me. By the way the other 7 surgeries were all benign.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 08:42 pm
@Roberta,
that's just a heaping help of b.s.

you've got things to do!
0 Replies