Surgery--Again

Sturgis

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 01:15 pm
@Roberta,
Sounds like things are going in a (don't get weird about it) in a positival direction (darned well about time too).

The reason you can't be just stacking up quarters for the laundry is simple- at six bucks they're prone to jamming or other catastrophes; such as facing off and rolling away into a distant corner. Just make sure there aren't any loose items like a star of David pendant in there because the s.o.b. what manages your laundry spot will grab it and swear it belongs to him.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:04 pm
I learned a great lesson from the last dog visit. Don't bring chicken into a room with two hungry large dogs. Write that down. I'll wait.

Heaven is on a diet. She has to lose three pounds. Joanie is feeding her less. When the dogs arrived, yes, they both ran between my legs. Then Heaven did her ritual check the garbage/drink out of the toilet schtick. I sat on the couch. Holly licked me. Where was Heaven? In the kitchen munching on steel wool soap pads. Joanie took them away from her, and I gave her some water. Joanie started singing "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles." No bubbles from Heaven.

I felt bad that she was hungry. I had cooked chicken in the fridge. I asked Joanie if I could give it to the dawgs. She relented. I sat down on the couch with the chicken in a bag. I opened the bag. Whammo. Bang. Two large dogs hurled themselves at me/the chicken. I laughed a lot. Joanie suggested I get the chicken broken up and organized in the bathroom (there's a door). I did this and put the bone in the medicine cabinet. I opened the door and started hurling chicken pieces. Gone in a few seconds. Don't dogs chew?

I love dem dawgs.

I'll be getting another PET scan and remammogramed next week.

Manana I'll be getting my taxes prepared. Thud.
Thomas

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:45 pm
@Roberta,
Perhaps you can keep a celery stick in the fridge for them next time. I'm sure they will like it just as much.
Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 03:09 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, Celery no. Carrots yes. They ate all my carrots.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:39 pm
@Roberta,
Boidy, will you be meeting up with any of the A2k folks in May? It doesn't take that long to get to Noo Yawk from Annapolis, and I'd love to see you. I'd love to meet some of the crew, I just need to plan. Since I've retired, I've not been good about planning. I'd bring my dogs, but I don't think there is a hotel in New York that would put up with my nutcase canines.
Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Heya glitter, Yes, I'm expecting to see Deb and Margo. Nothing is definite, but those two won't leave this city without a get-together with me. It would be great if you could join us.

You have meshugina dogs. Ooh. I know nothing about hotels in NYC. I've never needed one or been in one. Somebody must accept canines, even if they are nutcases.

Manana, taxes. Saturday, las perras.

dlowan

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:51 pm
@Roberta,
A get together with us? You don't think you're getting away with ONE get together, do you?

We are in town for ten days!
dlowan

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:53 pm
@dlowan,
Margo is another matter....she's avoiding us.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 12:03 am
not avoiding - been crook!

Deb's and my times don't coincide in NY, but do in Seattle.

She arrives in NY the day I'm heading home.
Roberta

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 04:34 am
At least one. Please bear in mind that I don't have much money for dining and that I have transportational challenges. However, one does not seem like nearly enough. And there must be a one on one.
dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 12:27 am
@Roberta,
You wound me. Was your money good anywhere last time? Did we not find cabs?

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 12:28 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

not avoiding - been crook!

Deb's and my times don't coincide in NY, but do in Seattle.

She arrives in NY the day I'm heading home.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Are you better?

Joe Nation thinks we are both in NYC on the 20th May...is it so?
Below viewing threshold (view)
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:32 am
@carloslebaron,
How can you be so tone deaf?
Why would you, someone who isn't at all familiar with this person, stick your nose in with such an insensitive comment? Are you really that ignorant? The people who reply here are being supportive of a fine person. What the hell are you doing here?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:49 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

How can you be so tone deaf?
Why would you, someone who isn't at all familiar with this person, stick your nose in with such an insensitive comment? Are you really that ignorant? The people who reply here are being supportive of a fine person. What the hell are you doing here?
He's an ochor.
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 10:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ogre?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 11:08 am
@Ragman,
No, that's European Yiddish, something like a**'hole, putz.
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 11:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That'll be a first time for my ears. It wasn't one of the Yiddish phrases my parents had used that I recall.

Is it possible the word is achor? Achor means trouble.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 01:16 pm
@Ragman,
I found the term in the glossary of a book. (A bit about that novel >here<)

Edit: the >glossary< is online.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 01:20 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Joe Nation thinks we are both in NYC on the 20th May...is it so?

Daytime, yes - fly out around 6pm. Lunch 'd be good.

I'm a bit gooderer 'n I wuz!