Surgery--Again

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:30 pm
@Roberta,
That makes me big happy. I'm so glad they appreciate you.

I've heard of Joe Allen's, got to look it up now.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:31 pm
@Roberta,
Way to go, 'Boita! Mazeltov!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:32 pm
@ossobuco,
well - there -

http://www.joeallenrestaurant.com/

http://www.joeallenrestaurant.com/menus

I need to copy their tuna taquitos..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:48 pm
I'll have what she's having.
firefly

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:01 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I'm smiling. I'm happy. I'm feeling good.

Those are such wonderful words to hear from you.

They obviously regard you as a very special person--as well they should--and it's great that they showed it to you in this way. They sound like very thoughtful and caring people.

I'm so glad for you that you had such an exceptionally good day, you deserve more of them.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, I'll also have what the social workers are having. They seem very healthy and happy. And so are we if we are enjoying a thrill from Roberta's good news.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 08:20 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
We had a wonderful time. WONDERFUL, I tell ya.

I'll betcha they're saying exactly the same thing.

Time with Roboida is awesomesauce.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 02:26 pm
@Roberta,
Wonderful news Roberta!
Glad to see you are smiling and things going good for ya! It's about time!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 03:04 pm
@Roberta,
I can't tell you what joy this gives me!!!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 03:49 pm
@Roberta,
I think we are doing a group happy dance for you.

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/c8/25/1a/c8251a9b8aa92ffddaa9b20d12a7b5ba.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 04:52 pm
Gang, I haven't felt happy, truly happy, in a very long time.

When I left the restaurant with my social worker (the head honcho had to run to a meeting), I raised my arms in the air and yelled, "I'm happy."

It was a combination of things that caused that outburst and this feeling. Learning later that I was the only client to have ever received such treatment made me feel special.

On another note for feeling good. Joanie's birthday is this coming Saturday. I've got plans and I've been busy for her. I made a card for her from the dogs. I have a bit of bling I think she will like. (She's a volunteer and is allowed to accept gifts. The social worker can't.) Something I haven't even considered wearing for years. I didn't have a gift box. I made one. That was fun. Haven't made a card or done anything craftsy is years. It feels good.

All this despite the steenkin't thingie in my lung. **** you, thingie. I'm enjoying myself.

The organization that sponsors my book group is having a Halloween party on Tuesday. I found out I don't have to wear a costume. Just wear something that signifies Halloween. I have a gold and orange cat pin I had no memory of owning. That'll do. I'm looking forward to it. BTW, the head of the organization called me to find out how I am.

What the hell is going on? Who cares? I'm enjoying myself.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:35 am
@Roberta,
Good on you. Happy, happy, joy, joy.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:55 am
@Roberta,
Wonderful to hear that you are having such a great time and enjoying life to the full. You deserve it.

http://rlv.zcache.com/happy_sweetest_day_pitbull_puppy_greeting_card-rfbb11edecc524553a1c3778bc2874aa6_xvuat_8byvr_512.jpg?bg=0xffffff
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 05:05 am
@Roberta,
Woot! YOU'RE going on! People see what we see!!!!!
Roberta

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:08 am
Ir was nice while it lasted. Feeling good, that is.

I got a call from my pulmonologist this morning. Was I awake to take the call? No. The message was that he consulted with some other docs and needs to talk to me.

The reality of the sitation has returned. I thought I didn't have to think about it for three months. Now I do. Phooey.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:17 am
@Roberta,
Phoo.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:25 pm
@Roberta,
Sigh.

They are being very proactive for you, at least.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:42 pm
@Roberta,
Quit it with the kvetching negative attitude already. For all you know the pulmonologist might want to talk to you because after consulting with his colleagues he realizes he has some good news. Accentuate the positive!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 04:01 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, deb, This is one of the few doctors who said he would call me and actually did. I'm hoping he calls back today.

Hey Andy, First of all, I'm the Queen of Kvetch, so kvetching is not something I avoid. However, I wasn't kvetching or being negative in my message. I simply said that I thought I wouldn't have to deal with something difficult for three months, and now I do. Razz

dlowan wrote:

Woot! YOU'RE going on! People see what we see!!!!!

I've often said and still say that I'm often surprised at people's reactions to me. I don't know what they see or you see. I refer you to my signature line.

BTW, I'm still looking forward to the dog visit tomorrow, Joanie's birthday, and the party on Tuesday. I just don't feel as light as I did yesterday.

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:08 am
@Roberta,
Here's to light. Hope you know why in hell the doctor called soon.
0 Replies