Surgery--Again

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 07:21 pm
I don't know how to post on a thread like this, without seeming dumb. But I am following along and pulling for you just as much as the others.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 07:42 pm
@Roberta,
The biopsy would be under a general anaesthetic or the one where you are awake but all happied up and don't give a damn? I've had that one and it's nice.

There are some great specific zappers coming out...I hope there's a bloody good zapper for you.

Enjoy your bacon!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 05:52 am
Peeking in.

Phooey!

Hope it all gets treated without too much discomfort and goes away. Love the visual of arriving at the first book club meeting Smile

Will keep you in my thoughts, B. <gentle hugs>
Ragman

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:32 am
@Roberta,
I'm wishing the best for you..and hoping for a long break from all of this tsoras. My hoper is in high gear for you.

I just had a bone biopsy (hip) the other day....waiting for results..in a few more days. My daily radiation (prophylactic) will end on next wed...12 treatments in total. Have had no side-affects, thankfully. Oncology has come a long, long way. Cardiology appointment is for today at VA too. Maybe cardio doc can help a bit more with my other problem...cardiomyopathy and dizziness from arrhythmia.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:39 am
@Roberta,
ordered bacon for breakfast

a solidarity move

____

hugs to Roberta, forehead rubs for the doggies she loves
Roberta

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 04:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Sturgis, I have no illusions about what's to come. Not gonna be easy, but it's definitely better than chemo or standard radiation. And you're right. The running around has left me with little appetite. (Except for the bacon.)

Butrflynet, As long as the crossed ears don't affect your hearing. Thanks for the hoper.

osso, Bacon is good for me? What a disappointment. The large canines will get a special scratch from you.

edgar, Seeming dumb? Who cares what or how much you know. I'm just glad you're here and pulling for me.

deb, I can't have anesthesia. So I guess I'll be happied up. I hope the happier just makes me sleepy. I can't be responsible for what I say when I'm goofed up on stuff. I enjoyed the bacon and saved some for tonight. A BLT. Slurp.

JPB, Good to see you. When I arrived at the book club, someone asked me if someone hit me. I grabbed my cane like a bat and said, "I'd like to see somebody try." There's nothing like a ladylike first impression. Thanks for the good wishes and thoughts.

Ragman, Thanks for the high-gear hoper. Mine is in high gear for you, too, kid. No side effects to long-term radation? Thankful is right. I'll be thinking about you. Let us know the results.

bethie, You're too much. Bacon solidarity. Love it. Thanks for the hugs. The dogs will get forehead rubs from you.

Getting the apt ready for the canine visit. A new tissue box. No food lying around. Smiling (toothless but genuine). And I'll sweep the floor.

Got a new book to read for the next book club meeting. A mystery. Looking forward to it.

Gonna see the asthma doc on Wed. He's become my hero. He called the pulmonary function test doctor about me. He called the thoracic team about me several times before I got there.

I'm heading out. I want an egg cream with my BLT. Gotta get milk.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 05:22 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, Diane's in a new book club too. The books so far, eh, but she likes the people, especially the one who runs it, who also owns our favorite restaurant.
I'd join in except I'd be a crabby book club person re finishing a book I didn't like.

High fives to your asthma doc.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 05:23 pm
@JPB,
Oooh, JPB, good to see you.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:00 pm
Roberta, any idea whether you'll be having similar swallowing and dulled taste bud side effects this time? I know it was your throat last time, but wanted to ask anyway.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:30 pm
@Roberta,
Boida, even I wasn't chatty under the happy stuff! Once the anaesthetist put me out by mistake (there were three procedures). I asked him if I said anything embarrassing. He told me I told some great dirty jokes. This is possible, because I do know some great ones, so I asked him what about. He said something or other, what he said I have forgotten. I don't know any dirty jokes about whatever it was, so I knew he was teasing.

If I was silent, except for answering questions and making the odd dry comment, you'll be fine.

Egg cream and BLT....you live it up goil!!!!

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 04:10 am
@dlowan,
Hey! How's mit?
Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 11:13 am
@dlowan,
I have vague recollections of liking a doctor and letting him know when I was given that stuff. Could be wrong.

I'm eh. Reading the book for the next book group. It's eh. Smiling at the dog visit yesterday. The new tissue box is totaled. Now I have a pile of loose tissues in the bedroom. I love dem dawgs. Also thinking that it's a good thing that Joanie and I get along.

Didn't hear from the docs. I'll call on Tuesday. (Monday is a holiday in these parts.)

How's mit you, bunny?
Diane

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:20 am
@Roberta,
Hugs, kisses and hopes from your friend at home.

Aren't dogs wonderful? I'm positive that the unconditional love of dogs is as healing as anything else, be it tests, probes, and all the other ookey stuff.
Roberta

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 05:10 pm
@Diane,
As I live and breathe (kinda), it's Diane. Oh, good to see you, querida.

For one hour a week dem dawgs is mine. Except when I need Joanie to get one of them off me. I'm pretty strong, but the canines are stronger. Love dem. Love you, too, kid.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 05:13 pm
@Roberta,
This makes me happy woman. You know how unlikely that can be.

0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 07:26 pm
@Ragman,
Best of luck Ragman. I've got a good Buddhist prayer for you. I think it's working for Roberta.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 08:03 pm
@Ragman,
Hi Ragman, Hope you are doing well. Best Wishes from the west coast.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 04:11 pm
Back from Bellevue. I saw the asthma doc today. He is my guardian angel. I'm fortunate to have such a good kid looikng after me.

He spoke with the surgeon after the thoracic team had its meeting. I told him that I hadn't heard from anyone even though I called and left a message.

He arranged for my needle biopsy and a special general checkup I have to have before the biopsy. He typed up and printed out all the info for me (in big type). And he told me what to expect and exactly where everything is. What a guy. A very good kid.

I went grocery shopping and spent too much money. Will I make it to my next money day? No. I was getting really good at spending and budgeting. C'est la vie. I'm incorrigible.

I'm tired. No sleep. Tried napping. Nope. I'll poop out eventually.

Looking forward to the dogs. I told Joanie that in addition to the pleasure of having them here, the looking forward is also a benefit.

Hey, Ragman. Did you get any results? How you doin'?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 04:42 pm
@Roberta,
I had bacon yesterday morning because you made me, all that talk about it, well I just had to join you.

Just dropping through to send my thoughts and hugs.

I know we don't know each other very well but hey, I know you have a heart of gold and so do those dogs.

I just came out of the dentist's chair yesterday, pretty scary procedure, quite long and well scary. He was awesome, got it all down packed, a bit of happy gas, a wee pain killer before hand, lots of talking and next thing you knew, I was out of there...

Never be frightened to tell someone you're well, frightened of what they are going to do, because they will make you feel comfortable and a whole lot better before, during and after.

HUGS to you
Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 04:52 pm
@Roberta,
I'm following your reports closely. Bless those dedicated medical people who are helping you ... such as that asthma doc. I'm hoping with my hoper hyped up to the hilt.

I've got same budgetary issues here, Roberta! However, I'm treating myself to certain food. Loving smoked bacon. It beckons me!

I've been feeling pretty good though, all-in-all. My energy is quite reasonable. Cancer symptoms are minor. Even my shingles symptoms are gone. I just have some eye dryness (Restasis med) and an occasional skin problem Which I have to be really careful not to get a scrape or it gets puffy and red quickly. My dizziness from cardio probs is still there but not awful. Cardio doc is aware and working with me on my meds.

I will get my results in a week or so. That needle biopsy was shipped off to the same lab in California that did my first hip biopsy 9 months ago. They take about 2 weeks. it's been 8 days so far. Needles to say, I'm eager to hear these results.

I'm having another (every 2 months interval) maintenance chemo in about 10 days. Next PET scan is sched for in mid-November. Maybe I should develop my social life beyond the events of my medical appointments.

Oddly, on my way home after I finished my radiation treatment, it was lunch time. I went to the nearby mall and shopped for a good-boy treat at Macy's - a festive (but tasteful) Hawaiian/tropical shirt. Coincidentally, while walking through the Macy's I spotted the nurse who happened to work in the small Radiation lab. She walked by me and said, "Good to see you with your clothes on!" We both laughed.

I had made a joke with my friends about how none of these nurses and medical people in radiation lab would recognize my face. I figured that I'd have to 'drop trou' in order for them to recognize me and say, "Oh hi, Russ!"
0 Replies