Surgery--Again

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 02:45 am
@Roberta,
Roberta.

My Father is 74 I think maybe 75 he won't tell me Smile He can't retire and has refused for so long.. Works part time and the other part time works in the garden.

He refuses help with ANYTHING I love what you wrote to Thomas.

He had two reasons money and getting older not wanting any money from the Government and not admitting he can retire. Do what you feel is best for you, you deserve to be you, to be happy to stop stressing, to not go into depression and to accept help when it's given.

I know I've stepped over the mark .. But, we get clouded when so much is going on in our lives. I've been in the financials, been in the quit line, been in the can't cope line, been in the people want to help line.

From what I have ever read, you deserve every olive branch take them.

EDIT - PS My Dad is a lot older than you Smile
vonny

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 04:46 am
@Roberta,
I hope it does all work out well for you, Roberta. Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 09:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FS, If you stepped over a mark, it's news to me. I ain't that sensitive. Your father and I are very different. I'm only too happy to take any and all help from anybody at any time. As a matter of fact, two days ago I was wearing a pair of pants sent to me by butrflynet and a top sent to me by osso. (Hey, clothes senders. I lost weight. Got anything smaller?)

I am not keen on continuing to work. I have two books I'd like to write. I'm negotiating with the social work people about the money I earn from freelance. I'd like to be able to get new glasses. Seeing clearly would be nice. And not having eyestrain headaches would be nice too.

PS: Your father is older than me, but not by a lot.

I haven't heard from Thomas. I guess he's not coming.
Thomas

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:24 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
I haven't heard from Thomas. I guess he's not coming.

Indeed we have another bad snow storm coming tomorrow. Do you have time today? (I know this is short notice, sorry.)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 12:25 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Hey, clothes senders. I lost weight. Got anything smaller?)

How small? May have a few things.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 04:53 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
As a matter of fact, two days ago I was wearing a pair of pants sent to me by butrflynet and a top sent to me by osso. (Hey, clothes senders. I lost weight. Got anything smaller?)

This is why I love this place and the people in it.

PS, I'm really 36 mentally.. Age is but a number Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 05:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thomas just left. Not only is he a very good kid, but he's also an ubermensch. He defragged, checked, fixed. The hard drive is OK. I need more memory. He'll be back in a few weeks to fix that.

What a guy.

Butrfly, I don't know what size I am. Smaller than the last batch of stuff you sent. The pants were 2X.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 05:28 pm
@Roberta,
Wow, you've lost a lot of weight, auntie Roberta. Still losing? Think the 1X is small enough for now or will a large better fit your skinny self? If you want, check your measurements against the size charts on the QVC website and we can use that as reference.

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 05:46 pm
@Butrflynet,
B, The website like you gave me is in German. Is that an homage to Thomas?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:13 pm
@Roberta,
This goes directly to the size chart.

http://www.qvc.com/FitGuide.content.html
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:21 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, it's coincidental, but within the past week, I've been telling vonny that I bought a great deal of clothing that I've shrunk out of before ever getting a chance to wear it. So I've been donating brand new clothes to Big Brother whenever they call looking for donations. Believe me, I'd rather pass some of it onto you, if there is any chance it might fit.

I'd rather go by measurements rather than by sizes. I have Medium sized tops, and some pants, that will easily fit someone who needs a Large. A lot of the things come from QVC and some of their brands, like Quacker Factory, are very over-sized. I did have some Large sizes, but I think Big Brother may have gotten all of those already. Please, if you are at all interested, go find, or buy, a tape measure, and send me your bust, waist, and hip measurements, and I'll see if I have anything that might fit you. Send it by PM if you don't want to post it. I don't know how tall you are, but I have some petite sized pants and tops, as well as some regular sizes. I'll measure the clothing, and compare it to your measurements, rather than just going by size labels.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:41 pm
@Roberta,
We ALL want this to work out!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
I took my measurements. Every time I measured I got a different number. However, I'm a 1X or large on the top. Although the tape measure suggests that I'm a 2X on the bottom, some of the 2Xes I have are too big.

In short, who the hell knows.
firefly

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 03:31 pm
@Roberta,
It's really better to go by measurements rather than by sizes because sizing can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Do you want to send me your bust, waist, and hip measurements--send me a range if you're getting different numbers each time?

Can you wear a petite, or are you a regular size?

It's not funny, I bought a ton of clothing that I've never gotten to wear because I didn't realize how much weight I was losing, and I got carried away with shopping. I have a small guest bedroom so piled with new clothing it looks like the crazy hoarders on those cable shows. Except I'm not really a hoarder, I'm perfectly willing to part with the items, but I need some incentive to go in there and go through everything. The larger sized items I may have already given to Big Brother, but some may still be in there, and I'm quite sure I have medium sized items that will fit someone who takes a large. But I need to go by measurements, not sizes.

You'd really be helping me out if you have any interest in the clothes. I really need to try to empty that room out, as well as my closets and drawers, and I really do need an incentive to tackle the task, otherwise I'll put it off forever, and I'm already starting to buy size small, to fit me better now, so I'm going to be really drowning in clothes. Rolling Eyes.

Wadda you think?
Roberta

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 03:53 pm
@firefly,
PM sent.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 02:57 pm
In honor of National Grammar Day.

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1654045_721641621204077_425629003_n.jpg
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 03:09 pm
Thought this might be of interest to you. I sent it to my brother, too.

http://www.undergroundhealth.com/15-plants-and-herbs-that-can-boost-lung-health-heal-respiratory-infections-and-even-repair-pulmonary-damage/

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 12:29 am
@Roberta,
New clothes!!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:38 pm
Hi Gang,

I'm happy (a major understatement) to report that starting in April my major day-to-day money problems will be over. My bills will be paid. I'll be able to live without worrying. A gigantic weight has been lifted off me.

I still have money issues to deal with. Still have health issues to take care of. But the constant worry will be over. I'll have enough money to live on.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sZ-HtnjiVcw/TQ9b7bGOm6I/AAAAAAAABQ0/MMCmgbg_sG4/s1600/snoopy-dance.jpeg
Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:56 pm
@Roberta,
Please send some warm vibes to my social worker, who had to put up with me as we worked out the details. As you all know, I'm a pain in the ass. This applies to everybody, even those who are trying to help me.