All Time "Ethnic" Baseball Teams

jespah

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:47 pm
I had forgotten how much I love this thread.

Gonna go with guys who aren't ethnic, but are of height extremes (very short or very tall). Thank you, Yahoo and Wikipedia. I defined short as 5'6" or shorter, and tall as 6'8" or taller.

SP - Randy Johnson, 6'10"
RP - Jon Rauch, 6'11"
1B - Nate Freiman, 6'8"
2B - Stubby Magner, 5'3"
3B - Mike McCormack, 5'3"
SS - Rabbit Maranville, 5'5" or Phil Rizzuto, 5'6"
C - Tony Rego, 5'4"
RF - Wee Willie Keeler, 5'4"
CF - Bob Emmerich, 5'3"
LF - Hack Wilson, 5'6" (he's actually a CF; I moved him over in favor of Emmerich)
DH/Utility - Eddie Gaedel, 3'7"
fbaezer

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:35 pm
@jespah,
Great post, Jes!
jespah

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:04 pm
@fbaezer,
Thanks! I had thought Dustin Pedroia could make my list, but he's 5'9". Must be the camera angles!
fbaezer

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:11 pm
@jespah,
I think it's that the players are taller, as an average, now.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:13 pm
@fbaezer,
That's interesting - true for many re nutrition (et al) over the years, but probably also true re sports changes. (I still like short basketball..)
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:29 pm
We are lacking a Japanese team.
I suppose most of the team members have played only in the Japanese League.
I know the starting pitchers would be Masaichi Kaneda and Kazuhisa Inao, from the 50s-60s-, and that both Hideki Matsui and Ichiro Suzuki deserve a place in the outfield. But not much more.
jespah

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:35 pm
@fbaezer,
Koji Uehara to close.
0 Replies

Henry talk123

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 05:38 pm
@fbaezer,
I had read about a article of a Mexican baseball player named_Leo Pajo" who came to the U.S. and played class C baseball and was offered to play baseball with the White Sox and issues came and another offer from the White Sox to play and that season he played a game with a team who had a new player that had just came to play with the team one month earlier only and he had played first base and later player the outfield and when he played in the game with leo Najo in different teams and the were playing and when they(Bodie and Leo) collided in cause Leo to get serious injured and had said that bodie had colided it was meant to crash to him etc. and the fast runner leo and then later played for the White Sox and it cause him a broken bone on one leg below the knee adn in Spring training with the White Sox his statistics were good enought to play in the major Leagues in had mentioned in the article and Leo Najo was a consistently good hitter and a fast runner and had incredible speed the article had mentioned and one of his ability wqs his good catching ability!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 05:51 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I defined short as 5'6" or shorter, and tall as 6'8" or taller.

5' 6" is NOT short!
0 Replies

victorleo

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 06:41 am
@joefromchicago,
Great information “joefromchicago”. Can you share more information about these players? Also like to know more about MEXICAN team.
0 Replies