Thru-Hiking the Appalachian Trail

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 10:34 am
@sozobe,
I found that alone hiking is lonely and hiking with one is best and or no more than 2 buds is next best. Trouble with 3 is that there gets to be a major and a minor clique(usually based upon endurance)
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2013 12:29 pm
Everyone, I know I started this thread a long time ago, but I'm currently in the 3rd week of making this dream a reality. I've started a blog if anyone is interested in checking I out.

Additionally, if anyone on A2K has any questions that I don't cover in my blog, please ask questions there.

Hope all is well!

www.BoBlake.name
JPB

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2013 01:00 pm
@maporsche,
Great! I've enjoyed what you've written so far and look forward to letting you do the walk while I sit back and read about your adventures.

Best wishes!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2013 08:40 pm
@maporsche,
Im keeping up with your adventure. When you get to Pine Forge PA, ya gotta eat a half gallon of ice cream. By the ime youre there itll be starting to warm up a bit more (I hope). Just beware of the vernal mosquito pools in the woods, these things can breed some big ones and without DEET, youre going to be like a caribou in the Arctic summer.

GOOD GOING BO.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2013 08:55 pm
@maporsche,
will read and catch up

great to see you're doing this!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2013 08:57 pm
@ehBeth,
ditto!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 07:01 am
@maporsche,
checked in on your blog yesterday - sounded like a rough period - but you're really hanging in there

good walking!
JPB

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 07:14 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the reminder...

Yikes! Sounds like you're looking forward to May, Bo. Glad it's still an adventure for you.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 03:44 pm
Well everyone, I ended up finishing this trip about 3 months ago. It's been sort of a letdown getting home but I'm adjusting back to normal life.

My blog has been updated with everything but the final two weeks (which I'll get around to writing eventually).

http://boblake.name/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IMG_4255_edited.jpg
http://boblake.name/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IMG_4288_edited.jpg
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 03:52 pm
@maporsche,
Good to see you back here and even better that there is a blog update of your once in a life time journey. It has been great reading along as you progressed.
0 Replies