Treadmill or rowing machine?

maporsche

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 03:35 pm
Your joints can take quite a bit of running before you have to worry about it. As long as your eating heathy and not running over 30 miles / week without other training you'll probably be alright.

I chose treadmill because it gives you the most bang for your buck (both in monetary value and in exercise time). High quality treadmills are cheaper than elleptical or rower machines and they burn more calories per minute for the most part. My time is very limited so I need to make my exercise time really efficient, and running is about as efficient as it gets

However, I've been interested about this rowing, lying down bicycle, boflex looking thingy in the Skymall catalog on the airplane that costs $14,000. I'm in no position to buy one, but it says it's pretty damned efficient.
0 Replies

finncabena112

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 06:28 pm
@sakhi,
If you were to ask me, I'd prefer treadmill. I suggest you should try to compare the benefits of the two before making a decision. Both of them helps you strengthen your cardiovascular system.

Treadmill strengthen your bones and prevent or manage osteoporosis. And if you are recovering from back, hip, knee or ankle injuries, you may have some stiffness in your joints. Doing a gentle walking program on a treadmill will help to loosen your joints and regain flexibility.

However, rowing machines invokes all the muscles of the body and trains them evenly. Rowing burns calories and is an excellent adjunct to a weight loss program. And its a popular home-exercise equipment choice because they come in compact sizes

Hope this helps Very Happy

Source: EDIT: MODERATOR: LINK REMOVED
0 Replies